The opportunity exists to buy the “Katherine B” custom built 40 foot Nelson including the business plus this very powerful website – ranks on page 1 of Google.
The Katherine B is based upon a Nelson 40. This is a Nelson Mark I hull built by Halmatic on the Isle of Wight in the U.K.
Originally built and commissioned by the Royal Navy as a gun boat for use in Abu Dhabi.
- Hull number P402
- Original commission 1967
- Total rebuild and refit 1997
- Length 40 feet
- Beam 12 ft.
- Draft 3 ft 3 inches
- Net weight 9 tons
- Construction G.R.P. (glass reinforced plastic, usually called fibreglass)
- Engines: Twin Diesel Perkins V8 540, each 177 HP
- Electric toilet, Galley and Ice Boxes.
- Berths: Five full size.
- Insurance: Lloyds full cover and 3rd party for 12
- Electronics: Auto Pilot. VHF Radio. Garmin GPS.
- Life rafts: 2 EPIRB’s 406